Brazil-Canada New Energy Investment Forum
The Brazil-Canada Chamber of Commerce, in partnership with Apex-Brazil and Navigatio Capital presents the 1st Brazil-Canada New Energy Investment Forum, that will take place online on Monday, June 22nd.
According to BNEF – Climatescopes 2019, Brazil is ranked the third most attractive country for clean energy investment in the world, with projections that by 2035, wind and solar generation will exceed 60GW and attract over USD 50 billion in investments. The objective of this event is to showcase the trends, opportunities and challenges in the New Energy Sector, aiming to attract, enlighten and strengthen Canadian investment in Brazil.
Among confirmed speakers we have the Brazilian Electricity Regulatory Agency (ANEEL), the Brazilian Development Bank (BNDES), Export Development Canada (EDC), Canadian investors and Brazilian project developers. Attached you can find the most updated version of the program.
- Brazil’s power market state of affairs: generation & demand matrix, evolving regulatory framework; time of day pricing, load tariff design, C&I PPA - energy market developments, incentivized new energy transmission tariffs.
- Brazilian capital markets & FDI in the power sector; privatization, current & future perspectives to 2030.
- Renewable Energy segment: current & future investment perspectives; opportunities in green, brownfield asset transactions.
- Foreign Investor - Brazilian Developer perspectives: portfolio overviews, barriers-motives for direct investment in the Brazilian power market
We look forward to seeing you there!
Monday, June 22nd
2:00 pm | Opening statements
Roberto Escoto, Investment Manager at Apex-Brasil
Evelyne Coulombe, Consul General of Canada in Rio de Janeiro
Ambassador Pedro Borio, Ambassador of Brazil to Canada
2:15 pm | Brazil Renewables Sector: current status and trends
Brazilian Regulated Free Market
Matheus Palma Cruz, Regulations Specialist at ANEEL, Brazilian Electricity Regulatory Agency
Financing Options for Renewable Energy Projects
Guilherme Arantes, Manager of Electric Power Research, Energy Division at BNDES - Brazilian Development Bank
Nicola Miccione, Manager, Promotion & Investment Attraction, Institutional Relations at BNB - Banco do Nordeste do Brasil / Rio de Janeiro office
Fernanda Custodio, Senior Regional Manager at Export Development Canada (EDC)
2:55 pm | Success case: Brookfield
Evelyn Joerg, Vice President in Brookfield’s Infrastructure Portfolio Management Group
3:05 PM | Success case: CPP Investment
Ricardo Szlejf, Managing Director, Infrastructure (Latin America), CPP Investments
3:10 PM | Roundtable Discussion
Moderator: Markus Lehmann, President Navigatio Capital
Joao Paulo Mauro, Partner at Newen
Ivan Hong, CFO at Casa dos Ventos
Sally Taylor, Senior Advisor Business Development at Suncor
3:40 PM | Q&A
Moderated by Daniel Prates, Investment Officer of Apex-Brasil
4:00 PM | Closing Remarks
Daniel Prates, Investment Officer of Apex-Brasil
Thanks again for your interest in attending the 1st Brazil-Canada New Energy Investment Forum.
Here you can find the material presented by the speakers. If you are interested in learning more on how the BCCC can support your business and your interests in Brazil or Canada, please do not hesitate to contact us!
Not Financial Advice
The information made available during this forum is not intended as, and shall not be understood or construed as financial advice. The information is not a substitute for financial advice from a professional support.Regardless of anything to the contrary, nothing available on or through this forum should be understood as a recommendation that you should not consult with a financial professional to address your particular information. For any further information the forum recommends that professional advise be procured externally. Neither the organizer of this forum nor the supporting institutions shall be held liable or responsible for any errors or omissions made during this forum or for any damage you may suffer as a result of failing to seek competent financial advice from a professional.
Forward Looking Statements
Any forward-looking statements provided are to allow potential investors the opportunity to understand opinions in respect of the future so that they may use such beliefs and opinions as a factor in evaluating investment opportunities.These statements are not guarantees of future performance and undue reliance should not be placed on them. Such forward-looking statements necessarily involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties, which may cause actual performance and financial results in future periods to differ materially from any projections of future performance or result expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements.
- An Overview of the Brazilian New Energy Market by Matheus Palmas Cruz, Regulatory Specialist at the Superintendency of Economic Regulations and Market Studies at ANEEL - Brazilian Electricity Regulatory Agency (on 2020-06-22)
- Financing Renewable Energy by Guilherme Arantes, Energy Division at BNDES - Brazilian Development Bank (on 2020-06-22)
- Financing Options for Renewable Investments by Nicola Miccione, Manager, Promotion & Investment Attraction, Investment Relations and BNB - Banco do Nordeste do Brasil (on 2020-06-22)
- Export Development Canada - Financing Opportunities by Fernanda Custodio, Senior Regional Manager at EDC (on 2020-06-22)
- Brookfield Case Study by Evelyn. Joerg, Vice-President in Brookfield's Infrastructure Portfolio Management Group (on 2020-06-22)
- CPP Investment Board - Case Study by Ricardo Szlejf, Managing Director, Infrastructure (Latin America) at CPP Investment Board (on 2020-06-22)
- Newen - Overview by Joao Paulo Mauro, Partner at Newen (on 2020-06-22)
- Investment Opportunities in Solar and Wind - Apex Brasil by Daniel Prates, Investment Officer at Apex Brasil (on 2020-06-22)