- The Event
- Program Thursday, November 24th
- Partners and Sponsors
- Photo Gallery
BCCC Healthcare Forum - 3rd edition
The Brazil Canada Chamber of Commerce (BCCC) is pleased to announce the 3rd edition of the BCCC Healthcare Forum to take place in Toronto on November 24th, 2016.
With a universal healthcare system and a population of 207 million people, Brazil has the 8th largest health sector market in the world. In recent years, the country has emerged as a manufacturing hub for pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies and has a very technology driven domestic market – 90% of the technological capacity is domestic, while the remaining share is accounted for by imports (ABIMO, 2015).
The private healthcare system in Brazil provides care to approximately 33% of the population and it’s positioned as the second largest private healthcare system in the world only behind the United States. Combining the public and private systems, the Brazilian healthcare market has an annual spent on medical technology of over US 6 Billion dollars and represents an attractive target to leading technology and medical device companies worldwide.
Brazil also ranks in the top 10 largest market for pharmaceutical products in the world, with total industry sale of approximately USD 25 billion in 2013 – and ranks as the 4th largest market for generic drugs with an estimated industry sale of USD 6,6 billion.
This half-day seminar will offer an in-depth program to address the current opportunities in the Brazilian Healthcare & Life Sciences market, as well as showcase successful case studies of Canadian companies already doing business in Brazil.
After the event, Canadian companies will have the opportunity to meet one-on-one with Brazilian experts in the regulatory sector as well as representatives of Brazilian private hospitals and associations.
This is an excellent opportunity to network with our members and partners as well as to expose your brand to potential investors and companies doing business in Brazil.
We look forward to seeing you there!
66 Wellington Street, suite 5300
M5K 1E6 - Toronto, ON
08:00am to 01:00pm followed by B2B meetings in the afternoon
Thursday, November 24th
Registration and Breakfast
Overview of the Brazilian Life Sciences and Healthcare Market
Ricardo Meirelles, Chair of the BCCC Healthcare Committee
New opportunities for Canadian life sciences products and services in Brazil: Regulatory, Corporate and IP hot topics
Otto Licks, Partner and Founder at Licks Attorneys
Global Affairs Canada: Helping your company to go Global
Suzanne Drisdelle, Trade Comissioner, Ontario Regional Lead (Life Sciences) at Global Affairs Canada
Canadian International Innovation Program (CIIP)
Partnership Opportunities with the Brazil-Canada Science & Technology Bilateral Agreement
Andrew Bauder, Industrial Technology Advisor at National Research Council
The Brazilian Market for Medical Devices and Healthcare Products
Roberto Latini, Partner & Founder at Latini & Associados
Partnership Opportunities with BioLab Pharma
José Roberto da Costa Pereira, Director of New Business at BioLab Pharma
Paulo Wickbold, Head of Biolab Canada
EDC: Helping your business to export
Lynda Bernst, Senior Chief Representative for South America and the Caribbean at EDC
Antonio Lopes, Head of Life Sciences and Healthcare Cluster at EDC
Case Studies: Think Research
Dr. Ricardo Baltazar, Senior Product Manager
Case Studies: Hospitalis Inc.
David Bertrand, Co-founder & President-CEO
Brazilian Hospital Sector: Structure, Challenges and Opportunities
Adriano Londres, Consultant
Ademar Seabra da Cruz, Deputy Consul General of Brazil in Toronto (Investment, Trade & Innovation)
End of Event
2:00pm - 5:00pm
B2B Meeting Opportunities
We would like to thank our sponsors Vale, McCarthy Tetrault and EDC and our partners, Global Affairs Canada and Consulate-General of Brazil in Toronto for helping us making the 3rd BCCC Healthcare Forum a big success. We also would like to thank our speakers for taking the time to share their knowledge with our guests.
Below you can find the presentations related to what was discussed during the seminar.
To see Biolab's introductory video, please click here
- B2B Meetings - Companies Profile by BCCC (on 2016-11-24)
- Overview of the Brazilian Life Sciences & Healthcare Market by Ricardo Meirelles, Chair of the BCCC Healthcare Committee (on 2016-11-24)
- New oportunities for Canadian life-sciences products and services in Brazil: Regulatory, Corporate and IP hot topics by Otto Licks, Partner & Founder at Licks Attorneys (on 2016-11-24)
- Global Affairs Canada: Helping your company to go Global by Suzanne Drisdelle, Trade Commissioner, Ontario Regional Lead (Life-Sciences) at Global Affairs Canada (on 2016-11-24)
- Canadian International Innovation Program (CIIP) - Partnership Opportunities with the Brazil-Canada Science & Technology Bilateral Agreement by Andrew Bauder, Industrial Technology Advisor at National Research Council (on 2016-11-24)
- The Brazilian Market for Medical Devices and Healthcare Products by Roberto Latini, Partner & Founder at Latini & Associados (on 2016-11-24)
- Partnership Opportunities with Biolab Pharma by Paulo Wickbold, Head of Biolab Canada & Jose Roberto da Costa Pereira, Director of New Business at Biolab Farmaceutica (on 2016-11-24)
- Case Studies: Think Research by Dr. Ricardo Baltazar, Senior Product Manager at Think Research (on 2016-11-24)
- Case Studies: Hospitalis Inc by David Bertrand, Co-founder & President-CEO at Hospitalis Inc (on 2016-11-24)
- Brazilian Hospital Sector: Structure, Challenges and Opportunities by Adriano Londres, Consultant * (on 2016-11-24)